07 June 2007

My first bank account

Opened my first bank account in 1970, using a card and pasted with stamps.The kid of that time was teach to save even in 1 sen, you can buy a 1 sen or 5 sen stamps and stick to the card. When your card was full of stamps (my first was RM4.00), you go to Pejabat Pos and save into your saving account. Those days we have pos bergerak (van). I opened my account with the Mobile Post Office at Pekan Sari Chenor on Thursday, 31 June 1970 (37 years ago!)



















You can see the word "card" written there, and $4.00 opening account.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!, You still keep that account active?. I think they already move that "pejabat pos" account to BSN.
BTW, my current balance is RM4.00 !!
:-)
cheers!

Anonymous said...

$40.00 at that time was a lot of money! You were a rich kid!!

Anonymous said...

Hah, this one pun boleh masuk museum ni ...

Anonymous said...

Sher! 4 ringgit ler... where got rich.