15 April 2009

Baya Weaver - Ciak tempua

I went again in search for the Baya Weaver on Monday morning at 7:15am. There you are, so many of them flying in flock. This male and female were not far from their nest. I wanted to photograph this bird at the nest. I give up after 45 minutes, and time for work.
(this is the problems of hobby-time constrain, and I have to work to support this expensive hobby! ;))

Ciak Tempua Baya Weaver maleHandsome male in breeding plumage - sporting the yellow crown.
Baya Weaver preening
I caught this funny looking male preening or biting his toe /nail
Baya Weaver (Ploceus philippinus), male (above) and female (below)

Baya Weaver - female
Baya Weaver - female

I will post this bird at their nest tomorrow.

4 comments:

Dale said...

their little black cheeks are sooooo cute! and with the fluffy yellow crown.

Looking forward to the nest photos!
Dale
http://alpinebirds.blogspot.com

Lana Gramlich said...

The yellow "caps" the males wear is so lovely!

Janie said...

What a beautiful bird with its bright yellow topping. Interesting nest in the post below. I've never seen any nest like that.

wickedfilm said...

Ciak is getting harder to spot. Once rather abundant around my place. Colorful small birds and I do miss most of them now.
TFS