30 April 2009

Malkoha at Cenderai Tree


I was walking along a small jungle trail one Sunday morning when a bird flew into the bushes of Cenderai tree (Microcos tomentosa). I stopped and try to find it. It was hard to locate in that thick green-orange leaves. The bird stayed motionless with just the head pop-up and perfectly camouflage inside the tree.

Raffles's Malkoha (Phaenicophaeus chlorophaeus)

Raffles's Malkoha (Phaenicophaeus chlorophaeus) - male
Raffles's Malkoha (Phaenicophaeus chlorophaeus)


Recordist: David Farrow

7 comments:

gwen said...

Well done on spotting the Malkoha. What a beautiful bird it is.

Lana Gramlich said...

I love that featherless, light blue area around the eye. So pretty!

Dale Forbes said...

I love the way the birds colours are highlighted in the green bush - nice capture Tabib!


Dale
http://alpinebirds.blogspot.com

Chris said...

Again one of these very specific bird of your region. It is a wonderful one, I love its bright colors.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Those small walks sometimes pay off big.

DeniseinVA said...

Birds are very hard to see sometimes. I'm glad you found yours. He is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful bird to be sure. I like your photography too. I had never heard of the Malkoha before today.