27 August 2009

Munia - Pipit Pinang dan Sarang


Munia Pipit
This is my first time seeing Munia nest. It has side entry well hidden in the Jambu tree (Syzygium sp.). The empty nest was found when I chopped down the Jambu tree in my backyard. In this picture, I just reposition it at the Mangosteen tree for photography.
"The nest is an untidy globe made out of grass and bamboo leaves, with a side entrance. It is lined with soft fluffy seeds or feathers. The nest are not woven and material is simply pushed together. But the nests are well-made, robust and waterproof". (Ref: www.naturia.per.sg- Here)

7 comments:

Wai Yien said...

let me know if there is any other activity with the nest, never come cross with a munia nesting before.

Nice find

Chris said...

Cool picture. The diversity is so great around you, it is just amazing

Unknown said...

Pretty coloring in the bird. The nest is perfect.

rainfield61 said...

Yo have Jambu and Mangosteen tree in your garden, you must have a big garden to attract these birds.

sunnymama said...

Your bird shots are awesome! Great photography :)

Redzlan said...

The Jambu tree grow so tall that I have to pruned it. Luckily that Munia nest is already inactive.

Amila Salgado said...

Good captures. My Jambu tree is not too big.