12 October 2009

Bee-Eater of Kemensah - Panting

I went to Kemensah this Sunday morning for bird photography with Madibirder, Ilyas (Madi's son) and ZZlalog.
This is one of my lifer, got a few more, but too tired to edit.
This Bee-Eater was shot from Madi's car. Full-frame hand-held , edited for vertical format.
BeeEater of Kemensah
Blue-tailed Bee-eater (Merops philippinus)
Photographed this at 1.04pm, under hot midday sun. This bird open its mouth apparently the way to cool off by panting. The same way dog panting - mouth open and protruding tongue.
BeeEater
Have a look for more bird pictures at the Bird Photography Weekly @ Birdfreak.

10 comments:

Wilma said...

Hello Tabib -

don't know how I missed visiting your blog before. This bee eater is an incredible bird. I like the eye details and the open beak i the first photo, really super.

cheers,
Wilma

Elaine Yim said...

Ha, so this type of opened, pointed and sharp beak is needed for eating bees. Wow!

rainfield61 said...

Birds out in the wild are colourful. I used to see sparrows and swallows at my place. not to mention crows.

Quilt Works said...

Wht a great capture to catch him with his beak open! Very good photo!


I woud like to invite you to join a free giveaway of one of my original artworks

Wai Yien said...

A fruitful trip to Kemensah from what I can tell, can't wait to see those nice photos!

Arija said...

Oh so beautiful but he seems to be telling you to go elsewhere..he looks a bit angry at the disturbance.

SandyCarlson said...

These are amazing captures, Tabib. They are very elegant birds.

Larry Jordan said...

Super captures of the Blue-tailed Bee-eater Tabib! That would be a lifer for me too!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful photo of the Bee-eater, it is a very interesting bird.

Bob Kaufman said...

Excellent photos of the Bee-eater, Tabib! They are such beautiful birds!