30 November 2009

Birding at Bukit Rengit 2nd day Raya Haji

I took the opportunity of Hari Raya Haji holiday for a short 3 hours birding at Bukit Rengit near Lancang.
Got 2 lifers. (no a good pictures, but enough for my record)
After refering to bird book actually I got 3 lifer, with that Cinnamon-rumped Trogon that I thought as a juvenile Diard's

1. Rufous Piculet (Sasia abnormis)
Rufous Piculet

2. Diard's Trogon (Harpactes diardii) - Female - preening
Female Diard's Trogon - preening

3. Cinnamon-rumped Trogon (Harpactes orrhophaeus) - female


Cinnamon-rumped Trogon
Local name: Kesumba Pelandok

I met veteran birder Mr.Tee Lian Huat aka ATee. that showed me that Diard's.

5 comments:

Tony nile life said...

whats your total birds now Tabib.

Madibirder said...

Congrats on the lifers. I'm still waiting for the day I will get a shot of the Diard's in Kemensah.

Redzlan aka Tabib said...

Total birds = 112 out of 600 + birds in Malaysia.
Still a long way to go.

Lois said...

Lovely shots Tabib!

Jordan Sitorus said...

Tabib, nice record there! anyway,typo-the preening Trogon is Cinnamon-rumped while No 3. is Diard's.