15 November 2009

Fire Tufted Barbet

For the past three weeks I have been targeting this bird.
It is well known to frequently feeding at bird feeder in front of Shahzan Hotel at Fraser's Hill like this 1, 2, and 3. I arrived at 7.15am and seen it very clearly at that feeder, but it flew away when I pointed my camera. Waited for nearly one hour but the bird failed to turn up again.
This is what I got at that feeder, Long-tailed Sibia looking for food . I will go up there again when the rainy season stoped to look for that beautiful bird. In the meantime let enjoy the superb picture here by Con Foley
This bird have a strange call/sound like a Cicada
Click to hear
Sound by Nick Athanas at Xeno-canto

Fire-Tufted Barbet

Photo by Con Foley (with permission)

7 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Yes. it is gorgeous.

Kelly said...

Wow...no wonder you waited around so long for the bird. He is gorgeous!! The colors and shapes are spectacular.

An Asian Tour Operator said...

Thanks for your current visit to my blog. I have linked your blog in my blog roll (I would visit often in the future again). Apologies for my absent of requesting permission for usage of your photo in my post (your photo was the best among my search result in google). I credited your blog as a source where the photo from since I posted it. BTY, I am nature lover and amateur birder from Myanmar but currently in Malaysia.

Terence Ang said...

Nice Barbet Tabib!

Unknown said...

That's truly awesome image.

tony said...

O k terence says its a barbet, it looks similar to our Arabian warbler
Like you, I waited 9 months to get a good shot of the Arabian warbler
and the Scrub warbler.
http://egyptswildlife2.blogspot.com/2009/11/blog-post_09.html
I have seen both close up in the past week.
be patient Tabib you will get a good shot.
Con's shot is truly amazing.

Choy Wai Mun said...

Beautiful shot of the Barbet!