19 April 2010

Nest of White-breasted Kingfisher

While walking to my car parked at the open space near the Raub Magistrate building, I noticed Kingfisher flew in and out of the plastic tunnel at the retaining wall.
I did carry a camera, so I rushed back home and this are a few pictures that I got. Waited for nearly one hour in the hot afternoon sun trying to capture the King in his nest, but he didn't show up. Tomorrow I will carry a camera and try again..

That plastic is a weep hole that suppose to drain water, but it is dry in the now hot dry season.
The nest is at about 7 feet high and very near the road that I parked my car daily.

9 comments:

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Adapting to a new environment and being creative must the real requirement to survive. What a beautiful bird! ~bangchik

Tracy said...

Thanks for stopping by this week. What stunning pictures you have here on your blog!

Wai Yien said...

Doc, you are very busy with some many nesting activities too. I wish you a good follow thru.

wondersf said...

This afternoon, I picked up empty shells from 2 seperate eggs below a new Oriole nest. No feeding! Getting to be a mystery

Lois said...

Another beautiful bird!

Chris said...

Hi Tabib,
You are a nest finder!! That's incredible mate. But to see this big guy with his big bill going into this tube might be something!!! beautiful pictures of it you got... let's hope the nesting will be successful!!

Lana Gramlich said...

Such a beautiful bird, Tabib! Thanks for sharing. :)

biologion said...

very beautiful photos! I like kingfishers very much, and sometimes it's so difficult to photograph them!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Tabib: What a wonderful capture of an elusive bird.