05 December 2010

Red Junglefowl at Padang Golf Raub

I have seen this Red Junglefowl  (Ayam Hutan) at the Raub Golf Course a few times, but very difficult to photograph. Only this morning I managed to capture it digitally. He was feeding on a putting green with a flock of Zebra Dove, so engrossed and didn't notice me hiding nearby.

Red Junglefowl

Red Junglefowl
finally flew off when I get nearer.
Red Junglefowl
Red Junglefowl Gallus gallus   - Adult male

Compare to Gallus galus domesticus here.

Galus galus
Location: Padang Golf Raub, Pahang. Gallus galus domesticus at my neighbor's backyard.

7 comments:

rainfield61 said...

so it is a wild ayam hutan?

nature seems to offer many surprise to me..

Ari said...

Certainly the wild jungle fowl look much better than the ayam kampung!

Phil Slade said...

I would imagine those junglefowl are extremely wild and wary Tabib, so well done for even getting near never mind the excellent picture you got.

Anonymous said...

Considering the locality, I don't think this is a pure sp.

BirdLover

Madibirder said...

They are more robust-looking and an attitude to match.

Chris said...

Wow gorgeous sequence Tabib!

Dejemonos sorprender said...

Wa, great pictures.. so colorful! i really liked..