26 January 2009

Gerhana Matahari - Solar eclipse at Raub, Malaysia


Hot out of my CF card. Partial Solar Eclipsed just occurred over Malaysia started at 4.30pm and finally contact around 6.55pm today. I just back from work and hurriedly took this pic at 6.23pm.
I used an X-Ray film and my son to pull the dark part of the film over the front end of 400mm telephoto lenses. This partially hidden sun look like a crescent moon.
Very cloudy day and the sun was hidden most of the eclipsed time.

Solar eclipse at Raub, Malaysia

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! AWESOME photo shot! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Paz

JunieRose2005 said...

WOW! You have some fantastic nature shots here! I will visit again.

Also, thanks to you for visiting my blog.


Junie Rose

George said...

You got a great picture of the eclipse. Very well done!

Anem Arnamee said...

nice!;)

Anonymous said...

Cool. I like the way the clouds look in this shot.

ivars krafts said...

Beautiful photo!

Jordan Sitorus said...

Wow! great moment captured Tabib. Congrats!

Imran said...

you have 400mm lens? Wow! anyway, nice photo

Vickie said...

That is an awesome photo!

Lana Gramlich said...

Cool eclipse shot!