Thursday, May 28, 2009

Buff-necked Woodpecker at Kuala Tahan National park


Lifer no. 3

Buff-necked Woodpecker
Buff-necked Woodpecker (Meiglyptes tukki)
Buff-necked Woodpecker
Don't delete that blur picture, because sometime it will be very valuable as in this case.
I shot only this two frames, one blurry and another with half of the bird's body hidden by tree trunk.
This pic shows the characteristic ID - pale yellow/buff at the neck and red sub-moustachial for male species.
Buff-necked WoodpeckerLocal name: Belatuk Leher Kuning

2 comments:

2sweetnsaxy said...

Very nice. I so rarely see woodpeckers.

Abe Lincoln said...

I have never seen one of these before today. I have been reopening my coopers hawk blog but still have a long ways to go.

 
"Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Beneficent (Allah). Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything".
Surah Al-Mulk (67:19)