12 July 2009

Helang Kuik di Mempaga - Crested Serpent-Eagle

This bird perched at a electric wire pole at a roadside in Mempaga, the same road that I posted in SkyWatch Friday in May.

Helang Kuik Crested Serpent-Eagle
Crested Serpent-Eagle (Spilornis cheela)
Helang Kuik Crested Serpent-Eagle
Helang Kuik Crested Serpent-Eagle

Have a look for more bird pictures at the Bird Photography Weekly @ Birdfreak.

Listen to this bird call and notice the "kwik-kwik" sound. This is why Malay called it Helang 'Kuik'

Recorded by: David Farrow

4 comments:

Amila Salgado said...

Beautiful bird!
I often hear them crying over my house.

This is in my opinion the second most abundant raptor in SL.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Impressive bird. Great photography.

54th Wedding Anniversary Today

Anonymous said...

This is a regal bird!

Larry Jordan said...

Excellent capture Tabib! The yellow eyes are piercing! I can't imagine how they look when the bird is looking right at you.