06 July 2009

Red Wild Flower - Earth Ginger

I am not sure what is the name of this flower, maybe one of ginger species

Update: Finally I got the ID of this plant/flower.
I email Dr. .
Here the answer;
"Yes, a ginger plant - Etlingera littoralis or tepus tanah. The flowering head is partly hidden underground and may be some distance from the stem of the plant."
Thank you YC.

Red flower

Please visit the Today's Flowers , produced by:
TODAY'S FLOWERS TEAM
LUIZ SANTILLI JR. - DENISE GULLICKSON - LAERTE PUPO - DENISE B. CASTRO

Today's Flowers Logo

8 comments:

Laerte Pupo said...

I am sure, I do not know the name of this flower.
Thanks for sharing.

SquirrelQueen said...

Very interesting and a beautiful color but I do not know the name either.
SQ

Unknown said...

I have never seen anything like it. The color is so bright and not much folage. Your bird in your last post is fantastic.

SandyCarlson said...

Those are very, very interesting!

DeniseinVA said...

What a lovely color, this bright red with a tinge of gold. I would love to see it in full bloom.

Tammie Lee said...

seriously interesting. Good luck finding out what it is!

Arija said...

Wonderful what a diversity of flora there are in the world!

Redzlan said...

Thanks ALL for your comments.
Finally I got the ID from Dr. YC Wee.
Ginger Plant (Etlingera littoralis)