05 December 2009

Camouflage Tower Hide - Bird Photography Blind

I acquired a Bird Blind two weeks ago. I ordered it from Jason Tan of Trifid Optical, who imported it from Thailand.
Only yesterday did I have time for a short test in my backyard.
I placed a ripe mango (Mangifera indica) on the fence in front of my house, about 15 feet from the hide. I waited in the hide for 15 minutes before this common Yellow-vented Bulbul (Pycnonotus goaivier) came and tasted the sweet yellow fleshy mesocarp.
Yellow-vented Bulbul with Mango

The hide is 175 cm tall and can take in one standing photographer or two sitting persons.
Bird Hide

next is the Female Sunbird (Anthreptes malaccensis) came and poked its sharp beak through the exocarp.
Sunbird sucking the Mango juice

This is what it looks like when it is folded and packed into a circular bag with a shoulder strap. Diameter: about 23 inches (60 cm). Camouflage pattern with US Army wording and various logos.
Bird Hide CamoLooking inside at the hide's opened door, photographed against the afternoon sun. It gets really hot and stuffy sitting there for 30 minutes, without opening the zippered windows.
Camouflage Bird Blind

10 comments:

rainfield61 said...

I have a camp looks something like this. I can imagine how hot it is under a hot sun.

Lindy said...

It's fun to get new gear/equipment! Sorry to hear it is so hot and stuffy inside. Keep that water bottle with you! =) I imagine we'll be seeing even more amazing photographs from you now that you have your new hiding spot. Hope you enjoy!

Lois said...

Wow that is really nice! I think I need one of those for my backyard.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are having too much fun out there!

Phil Slade said...

Nice piece of kit Tabib. You should get soem nice pics from there. Thanks for looking in on my blog.

Regards

Phil

Paula Werner Severo said...

very nice photos!

Elaine Yim said...

You even have a green bird to match the green army outfit. That's a pretty tweety.

Madibirder said...

I was thinking of getting one for my Mission Blackcap II.

Dale Forbes said...

thats a nice hide, I need to get one...

Jordan Sitorus said...

Whoa...Very nice!