11 February 2010

Common Iora

This father Iora was taking a rest from incubating his eggs.
I noticed the male and female take turn in the nest, very good! ;)
There is always at least one parent guarding the nest, maybe they are afraid of raiding by nest parasites like Cuckoos.
The female was there roosting inside the nest when I check it just now at 10.00pm. According to Ali & Ripley, incubation period is about 14 days. When I found the nest of 4th February, I don't know how many days the bird already incubating. So I have to watch out for the hatchling /feeding activity soon.

Common Iora
Common Iora (Aegithina tiphia horizoptera)

7 comments:

Phil Slade said...

Another superb photo Tabib, just so sharp.

rainfield61 said...

Please tell the Iora Gong Xi Fatt Choy, and to you as well.

Bob West said...

Amazing photos! God has greatly gifted you
I enjoyed visiting your blog
God Bless; http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/02/encourager-part-1.html

wondersf said...

Good luck to you, I followed one for about 14 days and the chicks came. Next day, the chick and nest gone!
Mine was 12 o'clock, couldn't be raided by humans! Good luck

Jordan Sitorus said...

Nice shot...good luck on your mission!

Lois said...

Such good parents!

Andrew said...

Beautiful!