03 June 2010

Birding at Kolej Matrikulasi Pahang

I brought along my camera and telephoto lens when I visited my daughter at Pahang Matriculation College recently.

Matrikulasi Pahang - Gambang Kuantan

While waiting in the back lane of the Seri Pekan Hostel, I got the opportunity to photograph this common bird.

Common Myna at lamp post
Common Myna perched comfortably at the lamp post

Juvenile Starling
This Juvenile Asian Glossy Starling perched very high on top of the hostel's roof.
My son warned me not to aim my long telephoto at the hostel. "You look like a paparazzi trying to sneak on girls!"


Asian Glossy Starling - adult
Adult Starling watching far down below.

Erasian Tree Sparrow - Paser Montanus
Eurasian Tree Sparrow basks in the evening sun.

and finally, one paparazzi shot!

Give me that handphone!

5 comments:

Costea Andrea Mihai said...

good catch's!! regards

Phil Slade said...

A man after my own heart Tabib - never miss an opportunity to bird.

Joanne Olivieri said...

The baby photo is adorable :) I love the closeup of the bird perched on the lamp post. It's so artistic and I like the coloring around his eyes. Very vivid detail.

rainfield61 said...

I always do what you have done in the last picture.


It is fun.

Ari said...

Always be ready for any opportunity.... very good lesson for newbe like me....