Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mad bird from the Hill Station

I have seen the Mad Bird of javanica variety almost daily at my backyard, but this mountain type is my LIFER. Found it at Telekom Lop, Fraser's Hill.
This White-throated Fantail is almost identical with Pied Fantail except for the absence of whitish belly in this mountain species.

White-throated Fantail
White-throated Fantail (Rhipidura albicollis)
White-throated FantailMurai Gila Gunung
White-throated Fantail (Rhipidura albicollis)

5 comments:

Anna said...

Tabib I love your bird photos. Excellent capture. Anna :)

Chris said...

Wow it has a big tail and I love its color pattern. BEautiful shots again Tabib!

rainfield61 said...

I wonder why it is called Murai Gila, I only know mulut Murai.

Natural Moments said...

The fan tail is cool. Its neat how you constantly have an opportunity to see a completely new bird. The diversity in your region is incredible.

Luiz Ramos said...

Beautiful your backyard.
Luiz Ramos

 
"Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Beneficent (Allah). Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything".
Surah Al-Mulk (67:19)