17 November 2009

Fire-Tufted Barbet - Mission Accomplished

There was no rain at Raub for the past two days, I searched at Malaysia Meteorological Department website looking for Fraser's Hill weather. The Sunday was favorable weather (Morning:Cloudy, Afternoon & night:Rain), so I made my 4th trip up there targeting the Fire-Tufted species.

I waited at the bird feeder of Shahzan Hotel as usual, but that feeder seem to be empty (no food or fruit). No bird came in, not even the 'Sky Rat'. I give up after forty-five minutes.
I thought that was another fruitless trip, until I made a hike at Mager Trail.

Saw this at Mager Trail, very far from about 20 meters at a fruiting tree @ 8.20am


Fire-tufted Barbet

Fire-tufted Barbet (Psilopogon pyrolophus)
Fire-tufted BarbetFire-tufted Barbet
It was nearly 11 am when I was about to walk back to my car when I hit a jackpot.
I saw one lonely bird at a very low perched, just above my head - at Valley Road, just at the end of Hemmant Trail.

It stayed there oblivious to my presence and flash light.



Fire-tufted Barbet

It said goodbye to me when my CF card nearly full to the brim. Thank you 'Takur Api' see you again!
Fire-tufted BarbetMy bird pictures quality no way near Con Foley, but I went home very happy for successful Mission Fire-Tufted.
Have a look for more bird pictures at the Bird Photography Weekly @ Birdfreak.

15 comments:

Lois said...

Very pretty bird Tabib! I like that bit of color right over it's beak.

Wai Yien said...

good one, keep it coming my friend
: )

Anonymous said...

It's a great feeling to set a target and get it done! Good job, I love this bird.

mick said...

It's always good when you find a targeted bird - even better that you could get some photos. Thanks for sharing.

Chris said...

Beautiful bird Tabib. It is also nice to see where it does occur. Seems to be quite colorful. Again one of this beauty of mother nature!

Gunilla said...

Fantastic birds I have never seen that kind of birds before .Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Have a nice day
Gunilla

Jordan Sitorus said...

Easier said than done, but you made it. Congrates!

Madibirder said...

It feels great after all that!So what's the next mission, 'Mission CommonKing'?

eileeninmd said...

I love the pretty colorful birds. Your Tufted barbet is beautiful. It has a cool looking beak.

rainfield61 said...

Your last one is very cute, sort of playful with you.

Who is Con Foley? May need to check up more over the weekend.

An Asian Tour Operator said...

It is gorgeous. Congratulations!

zzlaloq said...

congrats on your catch...!

Larry said...

Great captures of one gorgeous bird Tabib! I love those bright colors and that tuft of feathers over the bill is over the top!

Tony nile life said...

Your photos are great Tabib its good to better oneself. do not make the mistake of saying not as good as so and so's photo. they are yours you saw it with your own eyes. thats the way I look at it I see much beauty in this part of the world some I may get a good shot. and if I do not I say " I saw it,

Ghost said...

The different between Con Foley's and yours are the lighting and angle.
You were unfortunate for that backlighting and higher angle. Maybe Con using longer lens! ;)
But as Tony Nile said, be proud of yours.
Cheers.