25 November 2008

Ciak Tempua - Baya Weaver - Birding at Temerloh

This is one of three LIFER that I found on Sunday while birding at Temerloh.
I heard a lot of story about this great architect, but never seen it until Sunday.
Dull dark brownbird foraging at the small leafless tree. Only when I viewed at camera LCD later at home, than I realized that I found a Baya Weaver.
I did not see any male species or nest in this trip. The next visit is under planning.

Ciak TempuaBaya Weaver (Ploceus philippinus) Baya Weaver (Ploceus philippinus) - female
Ciak TempuaBaya Weaver (Ploceus philippinus)
Burung Tempua burung Kenari
Terbang tinggi tanpa jemu
Puas sudah aku mencari
Baru kini dapat bertemu

Baya Weaver (Ploceus philippinus)
Local name; Burung Tempua, aka Ciak Tempua
Size (cm) 15

3 comments:

The Birdlady said...

Isn't it always exciting to see a new bird? Very nice.

Vickie said...

Look at those feet! And is that a pink bill? Beautiful bird. Congratulations!

zara said...

Assalamualaikum Tabib,

I got a sweet message from you, saying that I have copied and pasted the picture of weaver to my blog. I officially opologize for my rudness doing that... it was wrong.

You're doing the absolute right, warning me from taking picture without prior written permissions from you. And its strictly prohibited. I do really, really opologize to you if I offended you. Though that is not my intention, but the informative has made me forgotten about the rules. No one is saying that good article is wrong. (My main reason, that was my first time learning how to copy and paste picture. Unfortunately, that beautiful weaver attracts me. Im very very sorry. Ampun…)

I have deleted my article on ‘Tempua bersarang rendah’, so that there won’t be any disappointment.

Thank you for the lovely picture.