16 December 2008

Birds in flight with my new camera

I acquired a new toy for photography this week. Still learning and familiarize with control knobs and its characteristic. I like its fast shutter speed (compare to my previous EOS 400D). The focus lock is also good, especially in good contrast subject like this birds in flight against the clear sky. I was not able to get the shot of fast swallows with my old camera. Most of my in flight shot were birds that just jumped from perch.
If you want to know what is my new toy , just right click the images to reveal the detail with EXIF reader.
Barn Swallow (Hirundo rustica)Barn Swallow (Hirundo rustica)

House Crow (Corvus splendens)House Crow (Corvus splendens)

House Crow (Corvus splendens)
SwallowHouse Crow (Corvus splendens)

Barn Swallows (left)


House Crow, about to land on Telecoms Tower.

6 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

Awesome movement captures! I've got to practice such stuff with my own new digital SLR, myself. Heck, I haven't even had time to watch the instructional video yet!

Redzlan said...

No need that instruction Lana. ;)
Just set it to AUTO/Program mode and shot, and shot a lot. Later you can play with set-up, AV/TV/Manual.

Anonymous said...

I've always had a hard time trying to capture swallows at full speed too. I'm thinking of getting a new camera after christmas with a faster lens. It's always nice seeing your photographs.

Unknown said...

Tabib : You have a wonderful blog full of amazing bird pictures. That barbet feeding on tree sparrow was a incredible catch.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...Thomas

zzlaloq said...

shooting flying swallows.. sure got fast AF, congrats on your nre camera.

Susie of Arabia said...

I love the birds in flight shots. Looks like your new toy was worth it!