23 December 2008

Crested Serpent-Eagle at TopRank Camp @ Raub -That's my World


Click the above LOGO for more participation from all over the world.

I have an nice close encountered with Eagle on Sunday while birding at TopRank camping ground near Raub. The resident eagle there, and I have seen it during my previous trip.
This is the first time that I have a close view of eagle in the wild environment.
TopRank is my new birding site after my favourite site (The Dead Teak Tree) at my back has been chopped down by neighbour.

Crested Serpent-Eagle (Spilornis cheela)
Crested Serpent-EagleTake off and fly away...
Crested Serpent-Eagle (Spilornis cheela)Crested Serpent-Eagle (Spilornis cheela)Crested Serpent-Eagle (Spilornis cheela)
Crested Serpent-Eagle

16 comments:

Thomas Vattakaven said...

nicely captured. However there seems to be too much brightness, is it your white balance or are the images getting over exposed?

Lana Gramlich said...

The 1st picture is kind of humorous...almost as though the bird's asking you "what do YOU want?" The 2nd one is so beautiful. I can feel the energy tensed up in those bunched muscles!

Owlman said...

Awesome pictures - the eagle reminds me of Crowned Eagle in South Africa.

Unknown said...

Raptors in flight, a beautiful thing.

Unknown said...

This is a magic moment of our photograping,such a nice shot.
Oh that ? sign..little monkey is confuse that the lady boss try to make a monkey business to public.
Thanks for droping by and have a wonderful holiday.

magiceye said...

superb captures all!!!! wow!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing us your passion for birding. They are lovely creatures.

Unknown said...

You have made full use of this opportunity. Beautiful series of images

Happy Holiday Season...Thomas

Unknown said...

WOW Tabib wonderful shots, and no, I don't have snow sadly! Merry Christmas.

Sylvia K said...

Oh, what magnificent photos! I love them! Thanks so much for sharing! Have a great holiday.

Pok Dell said...

My brothers live in Raub, now I need to go there often to see this Campsite.

Vickie said...

Awesome eagle shots. What an interesting collar he wears.

Baruch said...

Beautiful capture - he's looking you straight in the eye!

Anonymous said...

Nice set of photos of this cool eagle. I especially enjoy the top photo. He looks very curious and even happy to see you focusing your attention on him.

The Good Life in Virginia said...

great shot...thanks for sharing with us...happy holidays from botetourt county virginia.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow..what great photos of such an interesting bird..It's very interesting to see the birds from your country..