30 January 2009

Colmar Tropicale at Bukit Tinggi - SkyWatch Friday

I went to Bukit Tinggi, Pahang - with the intention of shooting the Montana birds there. That place is well know for Broadbill species, beautiful bright colour bird with comical face. Rain prevents me from even taking out my camera, so with an umbrella we are just exploring the area and get to know the area at the Botanical Garden. Breeding season will be in February and march, so I'll already mark my calender for repeat visit there.
The resort there is in festive Chinese New Holiday mood with red colour every where. I just contented with this non-nature photography, and no blue sky this time.

Colmar Tropicale
French-theme resort at Bukit Tinggi , Pahang, decorated with Chinese lanterns in conjunction with Chinese New Year which fall on 26th January 2008.
Colmar Tropicale

Sky Watch Logo
Click the Logo above for more SkyWatch pictures from all over the world.

20 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

Lovely photo! I love the contrast between the fog & the colored lanterns.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful view, beautiful sky! Happy Lunar New Year!

Paz

Louise said...

The red sort of makes up for lack of blue, no?

alicesg said...

Nice photo for skywatch. The resort looked so beautiful.

Pok Dell said...

Wa..bestnye ada heavy fog..
Great shot Tabib..

Anonymous said...

Wow-what an interesting photo. Thank you for joining us in skywatching.

George said...

I know this isn't the photograph you wanted to get, but it is very good. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

What a cool picture! Very artistic!

Wai Yien said...

I was there twice and hoping to do the same, and I was twice disappointed. Any idea which part of Bukit Tinggi to visit to spot Broad Bill?

Anonymous said...

Lovely lantern cozy sky. Happy Skywatch Friday. Thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

That's a really cool photo Tabib. The town is quite beautiful. It has a lot of personality to it.

Wai Yien said...

Can you help me ID this fella?

http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/2009/01/can-someone-help-id-him.html

bass said...

Yes, Chinese and French...seemed to be a good match. Those lanterns are beautiful, lots of them here too. :)

Thanks for visiting me. Happy Skywatching.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Brilliant. It's so different. Happy New Year

Jeanne said...

Beautiful and I love how you framed your shot with the lanterns.

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

What perfect "framing" in your photo. Good eye and a great shot.

Carolyn said...

What a beautiful photography...the contrast between the lanterns and the fog is stunning. The you for sharing.
Smiles

Anonymous said...

What a great photo!

Suz Broughton said...

Stunning! Beautiful! Lovely. My favorite this friday.

Jama said...

It's been years since I was there, weather no so cool but beautiful architectures.