03 April 2009

Watch the Changeable Hawk Eagle - SkyWatch Friday


Sky Watch Logo

Click the Logo above for more SkyWatch pictures from all over the world.

Changeable Hawk Eagle (Spizaetus cirrhatus)Not the best sky colour, but this bird of prey is my lifer. I found this at the road side not far from Raub-Fraser's Hill junction.
Changeable Hawk Eagle (Spizaetus cirrhatus)
Changeable Hawk Eagle with Treeswift
Changeable Hawk Eagle (Spizaetus cirrhatus)
Changeable Hawk Eagle in frame
Changeable Hawk Eagle (Spizaetus cirrhatus)Changeable Hawk Eagle (Spizaetus cirrhatus)
Changeable Hawk Eagle (Spizaetus cirrhatus)Managed to fired a few shoots before it took off and flew away..
Changeable Hawk Eagle (Spizaetus cirrhatus)in flight

19 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

What a magnificent bird and your photos are excellent. Most enjoyable, thank you!

Lana Gramlich said...

I love that 2nd photo...Very interesting! I had a hawk in my yard this morning (unfortunately no camera, though.) It went to my neighbor's yard to attack a crow!

Ranger said...

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Sylvia K said...

Incredible shots of a fantastic bird! Thank you for sharing these!

Unknown said...

One day, if we have the time.. hope to meet up with you and get some tips about photography. I like your lovely pictures.. on birds.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Tabib: Not the greatest sky but the Eagle makes up for the lack of color.

Photo Cache said...

Always fun to visit your blog with all the featured furry friends. Have a nice weekend.

Ann said...

The second shot with the swallow is amazing. Its a beautiful bird.

Anonymous said...

Coooool! What a great bird.

Ebie said...

My, my, my what lovely birds! Nature's beauty.

floreta said...

these are great pictures! really love the perspective.

Louise said...

Very nice photos of an impressive bird. Not sure I've ever seen that kind of hawk before. Terrific post.

Arija said...

Love your bird shots. Nice for you to get a lifer.

Indrani said...

Whoa!
Superb flight shots!

Tammie Lee said...

Ooh, such amazing captures of a fantastic creature!

Lara said...

a great post to ilustrate the very essence of sky watching!

Unknown said...

An amazing bird and some great captures!

prkl said...

I like the one with the unsharp bird is flying fast over the falcon. Very nice add to SWF. Have a great weekend!

Girl Tornado said...

Wow, you really got some fantastic, beautiful shots of this hawk. Your photos are incredible. Thanks for sharing!