10 June 2009

Musang Leher Kuning - Yellow-Throated Marten

First time I see this mammals. I found it crossed the trail while birding during Agong Holiday.

Musang Leher kuning - Yellow-throated marten
Yellow-throated marten (Martes flavigula)
Musang Leher kuning - Yellow-throated marten
The yellow-throated marten (M. flavigula), of the subgenus Charronia, is also called honey dog for its fondness for sweet food. It is found in southern Asia. Its head and body length is 56–61 cm, and its tail is 38–43 cm long. It has a brown coat that darkens toward and on the tail, and its throat and chin are creamy-yellow. (Reference: Encyclopedia Britannica & Wikipedia).

8 comments:

erin said...

what a fascinating creature...reminds me of my kitten (just joking).
wonderful capture.

have a lovely week.

Wai Yien said...

nice and where was this? some logging trail at Raub? a handsome creature.

Amila Salgado said...

I found a pair of these play-fighting down the Damar Minyak trail. It was the most amazing sighting! Thanks for refreshing my memmory.

gwendolen said...

Wow, what a special sighting. Beautiful animal, I love the colouring.

Madibirder said...

Photographer & subject: Doc Marten! Sorry Doc just joking. Beautiful animal.

Anonymous said...

Wow, he has long legs. Our weasels have much shorter legs. I love the color patterns.

Unknown said...

Stunning and truly incredible image of the Yellow-throated Marten. Fantastic image. Congratulations

Unknown said...

Truly lovely pic.