28 July 2009

Zebra Dove -fledgling & adult - Merbuk


Fledgling Zebra Dove - Merbuk
I saw this Dove on the road while I drove my car slowly in one of gravel road at the Raub Golf Course. The bird flew into the fern bush at the roadside. It stayed there for a few second, enough for me to fire a few framed. Only later at home that I realized that this is the fledgling, its right wing stuck to the fern leaves. Look at the face, so much different from an adult.
This image was taken from the car using my DIY bean bag.

Adult Zebra Dove, Merbuk
Zebra Dove (Geopelia striata)
Merbuk

4 comments:

rainfield61 said...

I love to look at the eye of the dove. The way it see the world, there is a unique story behind.

Amila Salgado said...

Good one. It looks brand new!

Regina said...

Beautiful!

myonlyphoto said...

What a beautiful image of the zebra dove, and so sharp. Your bird images are just amazing, Anna :)