03 September 2009

Sub-adult Barbet

Logo
Gold-whiskered Barbet - My Favourite Bird at Favourite Perch

Why I called this specimen Sub-adult?.
I have seen so many of this barbet at my backyard, so somehow I know this is not an adult. ;)
Seriously, this bird colour or plumage is much duller that the one at my header up there.
(the above header picture was taken exactly a year ago. (Digitization Date/Time = 2008:09:03 18:24:00)
Sub-adult Gold-whiskered Barbet
Gold-whiskered Barbet (Megalaima chrysopogon)

7 comments:

Chris said...

Gorgeous colors and what a beak!! Incredible!

rainfield61 said...

base on the beak, I have mistaken it as a kingfisher for long time.

Elaine Yim said...

A beautiful mix of colours for its feathers. I love the green body.

Regina said...

Another amazing shots
Simply stunning. Love the birds.

Lois said...

That is a beautiful bird! I went to a Bird Fair here last week and saw some similar birds.

Baruch said...

Beautiful - always amazed at their super strong beaks!

Kirigalpoththa said...

beautiful capture!