31 October 2009

Birding at Padang Golf

This are what I got after wandering around for two hours at Raub Golf Course last Sunday.
Paddy Pipit
Paddyfield Pipit (Anthus rufulus)
Paddy Pipit
Spotted Dove (Streptopelia chinensis)
Spotted Dove
Bulbul
Olive-winged Bulbul (Pycnonotus plumosus)
BulbulShort-horned Grasshopper (Valanga nigricornis) - Belalang Kunyit
Grasshopper matting

Baya WeaverBaya Weaver (Ploceus philippinus)
Baya Weaver

Old Baya Weaver's NestBrown Shrike (Lanius cristatus)
Shrike

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a Spotted Dove? I had a feral population living in my yard in Long Beach, CA.

Life in Egypt said...

nice shots what is the last bird.

Chris said...

Beautiful birds Tabib and very nice series. I love the last shot!

Andor Marton said...

The bulbuls are lovely and the shrike too. And what a nasty grasshoppers ... they do it without any shame in public ;)

eileeninmd said...

Great birds and photos and I love the Shrike.

rainfield61 said...

I have spent some times this mornign hunting bird; ha ha... not really a successful one.

Amila Salgado said...

Not bad for a peeping Tom.

Anonymous said...

Your bird photographs are very nice ones. I have not seen any of these birds here in Ohio where I live.

I suppose the birds we have are different from those you get to see each day.

My Birds Blog