20 February 2010

New Nest at my backyard - Oriole's Nest

For the past two weeks, I had observed the courtship behavior of this bird. What surprised me was that they decided to make their nest at cempedak tree (Artocarpus integer) (Jackfruit), just outside my perimeter fence during my hospitalization. Very clear view about 20feet from my bedroom. I can't resist photographing it, so I carried the camera gear (now I can feel it heavier) and shot it from the window.
Now I have two nests to observe during my MC weeks! ;)
That Common Iora inside the nest incubating. Still not hatch after 17 days since I noticed the nest.

Black-naped Oriole's Nest

Black-naped Oriole (Oriolus chinensis)

6 comments:

wondersf said...

Keep the position to yourself, build a good hide to aviod stressing the parents and you will enjoy seeing the development of the nesting.

Jordan Sitorus said...

Tabib..Tabib...Unbelievable!
when you can't go to the birds then they come to you....& they're not even garden birds are they???

rainfield61 said...

Haha..still having a lot of fun.

And very surprise to know that you can even shoot a bird without going out.

Wai Yien said...

...what can I say...kurang sihat pun nak birding.

I bet I will probably do the same if there is a chance to observe/photograph nesting behaviour.

wondersf said...

Oui! Very sharp lo! How come every birds near your house decided to Multiply?

Wilma said...

I hope you are recovering from your surgery. Your photography skills are remain intact, at least. I really like how you can see the bird's eye peaking through the leaves around the nest. Looking forward to more.

cheers,
Wilma