02 March 2010

Oriole Nest Day 12

After the failed nesting of Common Iora, my attention is now on this Black-naped Oriole.
The nest is quite high, about 20 feet at Cempedak tree.
Unlike Iora, this Orioles are a bit jittery and will fly away from the nest if I walk from the car to my house. It is difficult to determine the sex as the colours are almost the same.
If we go by average incubation period of 14 days, the chicks feeding will start soon.
Stay tune!
Oriole Nest

Black-naped Oriole taking a rest


Black-naped Oriole on Coconut tree

Black-naped Oriole

8 comments:

Simon Taylor said...

lets hope they have more succes than the Iora's

Lois said...

I hope they are successful!

Chris said...

Let's hope this one will be successful!

Loshini said...

tengah menunggu dgn penuh kesabaran..

rainfield61 said...

I have seen this bird frequenting a tree in front of my house. I may find a nest up there.

wondersf said...

Be patient, wait for that moment and be prepared with your camera when both parent are feeding simultanously

Dawn Fine said...

Great shots!

zzlaloq said...

wah..now u got orioles nesting too.. i think u can pre focus and use remotes