24 October 2010

Birding during Sultan of Pahang's Birthday

I was still deciding what to do during Sultan of Pahang's Birthday holiday. Birding or cycling?.
Plan 1. Birding to Fraser's Hill
Plan 2. Long-distance cycling to Kuala Lipis
I woke up late for the Fraser's Hill birding. I need to depart at 6am from home to catch 7am at the Fraser's Gate. (an odd hour up and even hour downhill)
My plan for long-distance cycling to Kuala Lipis was postponed, and none of my friends agreed to join.
So, I went to my usual watering hole -Raub's Golf Course for two hours of birding. No new species, but the same old residents. (except for the Asian Brown Flycatcher which is a migrant)
Yellow-vented Bulbul eating galanga fruits.
Brown-throated Sunbird -female
Spectacled Spiderhunter
Scaly-breasted Munia
Black-naped Oriole
White-headed Munia
Paddyfield Pipit
Red-eyed Bulbul
Asian Brown Flycatcher
Zebra Dove
Location: My backyard and Padang Golf, Raub, Pahang.

8 comments:

Punam said...

All of them are lovely!! God is great for creating such beauties. :)

Andrew said...

Wonderful photos!

Thomas Lee/Lee Lip Pang said...

Very colourful birds and sharp photos.

Madibirder said...

It was heavy fog everywhere on high grounds during the weekend so It was kemensah for me. The Spec SH looks great.
madi

Chris said...

Wow mamma mia, Tabib these shots are all wonderful, but my favorite goes to the spectacled spiderhunter. this bird is wonderful and the picture is just perfect!

Phil Slade said...

Simply stunning and sharp pictures Tabib. Better than cycling methinks.

Yuyun@HanLeeYun a.k.a. KuLaT_NaKaL said...

suka tengok pic2 kat blog nih

putrasharif@gmail.com said...

Mohon izin utk selitkan dalam "Foto Pilihan" dalam blog saya..sekadar mengkagumi hasil karya rakan..Sharif