06 April 2011

Bee Eater at Taman Mutiara Raub

I was cycling around Taman Mutiara yesterday morning when I saw a flock of Bee Eaters perched very near the road.  I rush back for my camera. By the time I set up my Betterbeamer and tripod, the flock already left. Only a few perched very high on top of dead trees.
Bee Eater
Blue-throated Bee-eater (Merops viridis)
Today I determined to get that bird. I'm not cycling. Set my photography gear and by 7.15am already parked my car near the big dead tree. Sure, at 7.20am a flock of about 30 birds perch on that tree, making noise and flying around to catch their breakfast. A few fly low and perch about 15 meters from me, and stay there for a few seconds. That is enough for me to shoot a few frames at a very high ISO2500 before the birds fly to their next destination.
Picture UPDATE:
This picture was further edited with PhotoFiltre (free for private use) and noise reduction with Noiseware Community Edition.

4 comments:

Ari said...

Great effort Doc!

Anonymous said...

i think the pic is under exposed, need to compensated for that clear sky.

rainfield61 said...

I am as happy as you.

Chris said...

oh they are exquisite birds and you got nice pictures of them... If only we had some over here ;-)