29 February 2024

Cherating Birding

I recently took a quick vacation to Cherating Pahang during the Chinese New Year holiday.
I went birdwatching at the beach after checking into my accommodation.

Cherating beach map
Step out under the scorching heat around 4:40 p.m. and walk 3.22 km from Holiday Villa Beach Resort to the Mouth of Cherating River and back.
I found an animal footprint. Initially, I thought it was from Sea-otter; later I found out who was doing it.

animal (dog below) track along the beach


Black  and white Telomian Dog

Common Myna singing on the Holiday Villa signpost

I found my target bird about one kilometer north of the hotel. Although I saw this blue kingfisher on my last visit to Cherating, I would like a better picture. I'm overjoyed to have a good frontal and lateral view. Initially, the bird perched in dead wood about a meter from the ground near the beach, but when I approached, it flew high up to the pine tree.

The collared kingfisher (Todiramphus chloris  humii) 

lateral view

back view

The boat's snap-back ropes, in the far background is the Raja Chuilan Hotel.

Brahminy Kite (Haliastur indus intermedius), far up in the sky.

 Yours truly cast a shadow on the Cherating River delta.

Fishermen towing a blue container

Three Pink-necked green pigeons (Treron vernans)   fly pass

Fisherman boats at the mouth of Sungai Cherating
Six in the family are washing the "KASIH SAYANG" two-engine recreational fishing boat with registration number CKT 60200 P.
lone Eurasian lady strolling along a beech

Fishermen village

Pusat e-Pengisytiharan Pendaratan Ikan LKIM Kawasan Cherating

Tired but happy photographer 

A boy and a girl are playing the kite.

It will fly higher if the string is not too short.

===========================================================
The next morning I went for another visit along the beach.  No lifer but all the common birds.

We waited for sunrise early at 6: 30 a.m. (after sSbuh prayer). Wait and wait, but the low clouds blocked it. Then at 7:20 a.m, it shows out partially already high up above the horizon.
Sunrise, pic with Sony RX100 Mk VII
waiting

Good morning!



What are these Common Mynas quarrels about? I think the left is a female, haha!

Scaly-breasted Munia. (Burung Pipit Pinang)

Asian Glossy Starling

Yellow-vented Bulbul with breakfast

and reptile
a big Asian water monitor (Varanus salvator), in the pond in front of the hotel

<
Common Myna on a dead wood near the hotel.

No comments: