13 October 2008

Greater Racquet-tailed Drongo Cecawi Hamba Kera another new bird at my backyard

I have seen this Greater Racquet-tailed Drongo (Dicrurus paradiseus) quite frequently while birding at Fraser's Hill and Bukit Renggit, but this is my chance to photography it.
I was waiting for migratory birds at my usual birding station (my backdoor) when this black bird perched for a few second - enough for five grabbed shots.

This one is the only acceptable pic. for a record
Racquet-tailed Drongo Cecawi Hamba Kera another new bird at my backyard in Raub Malaysia
Greater Racquet-tailed Drongo (Dicrurus paradiseus)
Size (cm) 32
Habitat Forests
Distribution Peninsular Malaysia: Resident (Totally Protected)

3 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

Oooh. Very neat! Thanks for sharing your birds. I love to see the variety that exists throughout the world. :)

Amila Salgado said...

Lucky you!
This dead tree is of yours is a gem!!

Jordan Sitorus said...

What an amazing backyard! almost like a birdpark. Gets better and better with each posts. Congrats!