16 March 2009

Portraiture of Tiger Shrike


Very rarely or not possible for me to fill the frame with small birds with by 'SiKenit' (small) lenses, but not at Bukit Tinggi. There the birds such as Silver-breasted Broadbill and Orange-breasted Trogon are very friendly. I'm not expecting this small 19cm Tiger Shrike is also behaving like that. This bird is always high-up on the electric wire at my backyard. This time it also perched on the electric cable, but look like a natural branch complete with lichen and moss.
Tiger Shrike (Lanius tigrinusTiger Shrike (Lanius tigrinus)Tiger Shrike (Lanius tigrinus)Tiger Shrike (Lanius tigrinus)

3 comments:

alicesg said...

That's a lovely close up shot of the bird. I never have luck taking photos of birds..lol. I guess I dont have the patience.

magiceye said...

such a cute bird! well captured!

humanobserver said...

So tiny and looks cute :)