21 June 2010

Burung Layang-layang - Glossy Swiftlet at my porch

This Glossy Swiftlet has been roosting on my front porch for the past week. If not for the stains of drooping on my shoes, sure I didn't notice it up there. They start to cling their small short legs onto the vertical wall at 7.15pm and out and about by 6.30am.
I notice they are in the process of building a nest. I'm in a dilemma now, whether to let the Swiftlet continue their activity (and have a photography session) or destroy the early nest because of waste /pollution.
My wife grumbled about having to wash the garage every day. She told me to get that shit away!.
I have to find the solution fast.
Glossy Swiftlet Nest
Glossy Swiftlet (Collocalia esculenta)
Glossy Swiftlet (Collocalia esculenta)
Shiny blue-black -Glossy Swiftlet (Collocalia esculenta cyanoptila) -
There are 32 subspecies and cyanoptila Oberholser, 1906 - distributed in Malay Peninsula, Sumatra, and lowland Borneo.

9 comments:

Phil Slade said...

Please dont move them on Tabib, it will make for some more great pictures for those of us that dont have these swiflets

rainfield61 said...

I had a similar dilemma last month. My wife decided to destroy it.

Hasyimi Adam said...

Lapik dengan kertas surat khabar lama doc, setiap pagi buang je surat khabar tu.

Lois said...

So cute!

Madibirder said...

Tak lama lagi jadi tauke sarang burung:).

Madibirder said...

Tak lama lagi jadi tauke sarang burung :)

Anonymous said...

I understand your delimma.

Joanne Olivieri said...

These shots are truly amazing.

Life in Egypt said...

Easy solution Tabib move the wife out,
put some paper or plastic on the floor and everything will be OK.
happy birds happy Tabib without his wife nagging. and happy people can watch the proceedings of nesting in Tabibs porch,