17 March 2011

Major attraction at Bukit Tinggi - Blue & White Flycatcher

This first-winter juvenile male Blue and White Flycatcher  (Cyanoptila cyanomelana), currently is a star attraction at Bukit Tinggi. Bird photographers from as far as Singapore, Penang, and even Taiwan came on a weekend here. I'm from Pahang, sure not to miss this beauty.
When I first arrived at 7.30am, this is what I got.
Later, when the lighting gets better, I got much improved shot. This bird is not afraid of photographer and will perch regularly to feed on insects and worms at the Botanical Garden.
The usual resident made their usual appearance and I will post it later.
Location: Japanese Garden, Bukit Tinggi, Pahang.
--
Have a look for more bird pictures at the Bird Photography Weekly @ Birdfreak.

6 comments:

biologion said...

Very beautiful photos!

Ghost said...

The blue colour is bit too bright.
You need to adjust the white balance, easy if you shot in RAW.
I think the last pic is the true colour, maybe slight under exposured.
Anyway nice pics.

BirdLover said...

Ha..ha!.. to much photochop! :-)

Rebecca said...

Great photos! I'm glad that you posted the first photo. It looks like an image within an image..

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

They do have lovely fashionable feathers!

Jujube said...

WAOOO! Passed by!
Nice pictures!
Continue your passion in your special interest. :)