07 May 2010

Birding at Fraser's Hill during 'Hari Hol' - Pahang Holiday

Today is a holiday in my Pahang state, so I closed shop and went for a half-day birding at Fraser's Hill - my first time this year.
Saw and shot the usual common birds, no lifer this time. One lifer (the yellow-naped woodpecker).
Birds are busy nesting and attending to their chicks. Here are a few samples.
Too tired to process the other RAW files.

Verditer Flycatcher (Eumyias thalassina)

Verditer Flycatcher

Silver-eared Mesia (Leiothrix argentauris)

Silver-eared Mesia

Mountain Fulvetta (Alcippe peracensis)

Mountain Fulveta

6 comments:

Lois said...

Always hungry!

Amila Salgado said...

You can do half day trips to FH from where you live? Jeez, I am jealous.

Let me put names for these...
Verditer Flycatcher, Silver-eared Mesia and Mountain Fulvetta

Do I get a prize?

Patrinas Pencil said...

Caught them eating! Those are cool shots.

Redzlan said...

Thanks ALL for youer comments.

You are 100% correct in the name Amila.
Fraser's Hill is only 30km from my house, about 1 hr winding road uphill.

rainfield61 said...

They are hungry for food, I am hungry for this type of pictures.

Anonymous said...

Is there no end to the wonderful colors of your birds?! It must be so rewarding to shoot in your land.